LOCATION: IOCL PETROL PUMP AMBEGAON (BK), PUNE
As per the discussions with Mr. Narendra Gangakhedkar on 13/3/15 at his office, we proposed to provide them with Mahindra make Magnetic Induction lamps for one of their outlets on pilot basis. With his co-operation & guidance, we did the study at IOCL Petrol Pump located at Ambegaon (BK) in Pune. It was a dealer operated pump.
The site visit was conducted on the same day to understand the fixture positioning & the canopy dimensions to prepare design. A visit to collect current, lux & pictures was conducted the next dayObservations:
The data of the canopy dimensions along with height & required lux was fed in Dialux software to get the lighting designed considering Magnetic Induction Lamps. The following results are expected post replacement of existing lighting by Magnetic Induction lamps.
- Petrol pump is having Canopy size of L x W x H (90 x 40 x 18) in ft.
- Lamps are installed in 8 x 3 total 24 lamps.
- Only 11lamps were working instead of 24 causing insufficient light & dark areas.
- Lamp installed is Metal Halide of 250W with a consumption of 1.4Amp with ballast.
- Light measured below lamp is 164 LUX & light measured between 2 lamps is 155 LUX which is less than the standard 250lux required.
- The lamps have been wired separately & have a low pF of 0.7
- Existing lamp constitutes of 5-6 replaceable components making it vulnerable for failure.
- Existing Lamps gets heated up to 300°C & have fire flies in their fixtures which needs cleaning.
- Number of lamps will reduce from 24Nos to 15Nos as MI lamps are Spread sources
- Reduction in Power consumption per lamp by 0.85Amp. This will bring down the consumption for the lighting of the Petrol pump by 75% from 7728kW to 1890kW as MI lamps consume 50% less power.
- Lighting will be enhanced from average 155Lux to 250Lux with as MI lamps have higher efficiency.
- MI lamps deliver 80 CRI providing very clear visibility for operators as well as drivers & have shadow less light.
- Zero maintenance required as no replaceable parts in MI Lamps which have 5Yr Guarantee
- No problem of fire flies & no cleaning activity required as MI lamps come with IP65 enclosure.
- Environment friendly MI lamps do not heat beyond 70°C & do not have liquid mercury.
- MI lamps provide a payback of 10months maximum & are fit & forget type lamps.
Please find the table of Energy saving below for your better understanding. Please insert the Saving table here
Kindly let us know a suitable date & time to visit your Petrol Pump for a detailed discussion on reducing your cost of operations using Mahindra Magnetic Induction Lamps.
Please feel free to call me on 09011055797 or write to me on email@example.com
for any of your queries or clarifications required.
Thanking you,For SAS Powertech Private Limited,